Friday, July 14, 2006

Stampede Day Two

Well, now things get interesting.

My brother Randy flew in to town in the afternoon. His flight landed at around 1:30, so off we went to see the sights and such. Made a time to hook up for lunch with our buddy who was with the night before, and went back to my place to drop off stuff. Pretty usual things.

Once we went off to get lunch, it was around 3pm. What started out as a casual lunch, turned into one of those Devil and the drinking game days. We went to a pub up the street from my place (that I had only been in a couple of times), and discovered that they had a roof top patio. UP WE WENT! After a few drinks we got chatty and discovered that our server was from Ottawa. That just kicked everything off. After ordering lunch (that after about 3 drinks each), another friend joined us. We ordered more food - don't know quite why - and many more drinks. After a few more hours, our server was off and sat down with us, bringing another server with her. Because I had a few drinks, I became chatty, and was doing quite well (not falling down, not slurring), then the shooters came out. There is where a few deleted scenes make their appearance.

We apparently stayed at this pub for about 5 - 6 hours, we then went to another bar across the street (this is something that I didn't recall until the next day) and not only did we drink more, we ate as well! Within an hour, I got put off by the bartender flipping bottles (if you can take the quote "I've had enough of this fuckin' shit" as put off), we then went out for dinner(!?). Off we went to an Italian restaurant down the street. Another friend joined us and we sat down and ate a very good meal, but it was our third in less than 6 hours. How we got this drunk with that much food, I don't know.

But because we ate so much, I felt we weren't drunk and dragged my brother to another bar after dinner. A couple of beers later, back the apartment we went. A good night's sleep was what was needed - instead a pass out with clothes still on was what followed. I made an amateur mistake - peaked too early and had my best performance before the week was out. Oh well, a few more days ahead, and a few more stories to tell.

No comments: